If you already can speak and understand Russian at least on the intermediate level, you might like to go beyond your standard textbooks. How about to speak Russian as Russians speak it?
Here is a brand new website for Russian learners – «Очень по-русски».
This site aims to introduce you to Russian slang, idioms, common expressions and other ways that Russians speak in their daily lives. Each edition includes an audio and transcript.
All words and expressions there are divided into several categories:
- Commonly used: these words and phrases are quite decent and can be heard in any society of people of all ages.
- Harmless: here you’ll find words and colloquialisms, which can be used in your circle of friends and acquaintances.
- Sharp: a kind of expressions that is commonly used to express displeasure or negative emotions. They might offend usually. At the same time in a jovial tone, they are often used among friends.
- Rude: these ones really can offend, especially if you use them to a particular person.
- Indecent: the words and expressions of this category aren’t recommended to use, but it’s probably useful to know them.
New episodes of the podcast are published every Monday and Thursday.
RSS and iTunes subscriptions are available.
Visit the site: ochenporusski.com